Dang Van Hung
University of Engineering and Technology
144 Xuan Thuy, Cau Giay
CURRICULUM VITAE: Mr. Dang Van Hung
- Date of Birth: 16 Feb. 1950
- Place of Birth: Hai Phong, Vietnam
- Nationality: Vietnamese
- Family Status: Married, 3 Children
- Wife: Duong Thi Dung, Date of Birth: 3 Jun. 1950,
Place of Birth: Nam Dinh, Vietnam.
- Daughter: Dang Phuong Thao, Date of Birth: 8 Nov. 1980, Place of
Birth: Hanoi, Vietnam
- Son: Dang Duong Manh Thang, Date of Birth: 1 Jun. 1983, Place of
Birth: Hanoi, Vietnam.
- Daughter: Dang Minh Ngoc, Date of Birth: 24 Jul. 1989, Place of
Birth: Hanoi, Vietnam.
A5-BT05, Viet Hung, Long Bien, Hanoi. Tel. +84 4 36574260.
- BSc., Department of Math., University of Hanoi, 1977,
undergraduate study: 1967-1970, 1975-1977.
- DPhil. (equivalent), Department of Computer Science, Computer and Automation
Research Institute, Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Budapest,
Hungary, 1988, PhD study: 1984-1987.
- 1967-1970, 1975-1977: Undergraduate study, Hanoi University .
- 1970-1975: Military Service.
- 1978-1983: Research Fellow, Institute of Information Technology,
Nghia Do, Tu Liem, Hanoi, Vietnam
- 1984-1988: PhD student, Dept. of Comp. Sci., Computer and Automation
Institute Budapest, Hungary
- 1988-1993: Research Fellow, Institute of Information Technology, Nghia Do, Tu Liem, Hanoi, Vietnam
- May-July 1990: UNDP fellowship, Dept. of Comp. Sci., Queen Mary
and Westfield College, University of London, UK
- Sept.-Dec. 1993: Visiting Research Fellow, Dept. of Comp. Sci.,
Computer and Automation Institute Budapest, Hungary
- Apr. 1994-Jul. 1995: UNU-IIST fellow
- Oct. 1995 - Oct. 2007: UNU-IIST Research Fellow
- 1992-1994: Participated in the Project of Parallel and
Distributed Computing, National Fundamental Research Program as the
project team leader.
- 1979-1980, 1989-1992: Teaching a series of undergraduate
courses in computer science at universities in Hanoi
- 1990-1993: Training Department of the UNDP Project VIE/88/035
at IoIT, organising and teaching a series of postgraduate courses in
- 1994-2007: Working in UNU-IIST on the project "Design
Techniques for Real-Time Systems (DeTfoRS)" and "Real-time rCOS" as a research fellow,
supervised 32 UNU-IIST fellows, many of them have got a PhD from
their work at UNU-IIST.
- 1995-2007: Teaching/organising UNU-IIST international schools and courses on the
subjects Duration Calculus, Formal Software Development with B, Model
Checking, Randomised Algorithm (arround 35 one-week courses in: Rio
Janeiro and Curitiba (Brasil), San Luis and Tandil (Argentina),
Guiyang, Chongqing, and Shanghai (China), Bangdung (Indonesia), Ping
Yong (DPR of Korea), Tunis (Tunisia), Saint Luis and Dekar
(Senegal), Ile-Ife, Ibadan and Lagos (Nigeria), Macao, Györ (Hungary),
and Hanoi, Hue, and Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam)).
- Responssible UNU-IIST staff for the UNU-IIST project
"Development of Computer Science Departments of Universities in
Developing Countries" aiming at improving teaching
curriculumn/methods for universities in the developing countries, 2001-2007.
- Author and/or co-author of about 70 papers on concurrent and
distributed and/or real-time systems, Duration Calculus,
model checking, formal verification; editor of several Springer-Verlag and IEEE books.
- Reviewer for various journals and international conferences on
- Serving as PC member or PC chair of various international
conferences on Computer Science.
- Guest professor at the Software Engineering Institute, East
China Normal University, Shanghai, China, 2005-2007.
- Adjunct research fellow at the United Nations University,
International Institute for Software Technology 2007-2016.